PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2011, 06:48
cart_elevator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont get me wrong I think that JB is doing great things for Virgin. But a couple of things from that article are a bit odd:

and it is therefore our duty... to ensure that we do as much work onshore as possible in Australia."
The same bloke was two-IC of QF when the creation of the LHR,AKL and BKK cabin crew bases. He even was the 'star guest' at the opening of the LHR cabin crew base.

there is nobody in the airline, not management, not anybody, who knows more about the business than the pilots and the cabin crew
He was also at there when cabin crew management was restructured to replace operational crew management(Line Managers) with managers off the street,who mostly had no airline experience,let alone QF experience.

I always say that you forget the customer at your peril. in any deal that you do
He also happened to be at there when on-board cabin crew numbers were slashed,the product (particularly domestic)was slashed,and the decision not to get the 777 was made.

Great to see that he is making positive publicity for himself against the same things he led the introduction of at QF