PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantasanswers.com.au
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 16:34
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could this be a connection?

Forgive me if this has been posted before somewhere else but I find this interesting,

Colonial buys 22.7m Qantas Airways shares | Business Spectator

which incidentally is part of the Commonwealth Bank. The thought did cross my mind, could this have anything to do with Sir Ralph Norris who has announced his departure from the CBA later this year? I know this is a wild shot but there is a connection on the Qantas board.... I wonder...

Qantas Board of Directors
Independent Non-Executive Director

Barbara Ward was appointed to the Qantas Board in June 2008.
She is a Member of the Safety, Health, Environment and Security Committee and the Audit Committee.
Ms Ward is Chairman of Essential Energy, a Director of a number of Brookfield Multiplex Group companies and O'Connell Street Associates Pty Ltd, and is on the Advisory Board of LEK Consulting.
She was formerly a Director of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Lion Nathan Limited, Brookfield Multiplex Limited, Allco Finance Group Limited, Record Investments Limited, Data Advantage Limited, Rail Infrastructure Corporation and Delta Electricity. She was Chairman of NorthPower and a Board Member of Allens Arthur Robinson.
Ms Ward was Chief Executive Officer of Ansett Worldwide Aviation Services from 1993 to 1998. Before that, Ms Ward held various positions at TNT Limited, including General Manager Finance, and also served as a Senior Ministerial Adviser to The Hon PJ Keating. my bold

Last edited by TIMA9X; 6th Aug 2011 at 16:47.