PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 07:13
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
With the latest CASA deferment of any resumption of operations by Tiger, looks to me like CASA are using the "ever changing goalposts" strategy so familiar to GA AOC operators, too numerous to mention, that have fallen foul of the infinitely variable interpretations of our ratbag rules.

Doesn't anybody remember the Virgin Blue star-up, delayed for months by CASA ever changing paperwork demands, cost Virgin a motza, they completely missed the Olympics boost to air travel.

The easiest decision for a public servant to make is to say NO!, it will never come back to personally haunt him, her or it. If somebody courageously says YES, they have made a decision that may bounce back.

Having said NO! about something even more sacrosanct in the public mind than motherhood, "air safety", saying YES is doubly fraught.

In a case like this, I actually feel quite sorry for the worker bees in CASA, I would like to hear somebody a little more "authoritative" than "Minutes to Live"( aka. "Crash") Gibson having something useful to say to the public.

All this stands in total contrast to the US FAA/NTSB approach, where the press releases on alleged non-compliance are rather brutal, but at least everybody (including the traveling public) knows what the alleged problem is, and what changes FAA are demanding ---- and can make a judgement about the likelihood of success of demanded changes.

Tootle pip!!