PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 22:21
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cart elevator. Just remember that the big frequent flyers are going either one way or the other - they either support us or they don't. Anecdotal feedback indicates that very many do, while the ones who don't have a pathological hatred of union activity and wouldn't even donate to the Salvos if the tin was held by a union member (in fact they probably wouldn't donate regardless). Continuing the PAs isn't going to change that. I think it's important to get the message out to the non-frequent flyers for a while, but I'm sure this will only run a fixed course.

I agree with Keg. This seems to be getting way more traction than AJ would like, and it must be a very frustrating environment in QCA at the moment. He made an enormous blunder in underestimating pilot unity/sentiment, or was given very bad advice - probably a bit of both. He has senior and middle-level managers trying to impress but running amok and making bad snap decisions (no-one but himself will be surprised at that). Then he has been playing a desperate game of catchup with things like the website.

The other fascinating thing is that he has so badly isolated his workforce that, anecdotally in my experience at least, the pilots are getting support from other ground staff & the likes, who might otherwise not be too sympathetic towards any pilot claims. They just want to see him go down for the count. He seems to be really losing his grip.