PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 resits at ATPL any chance of actually getting a job?
Old 4th Aug 2011, 15:45
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well unless you have had any through in the last 4 years your in for a shock.

And its not so limited to be honest there are just as many successful mod grads going through CTC EASY and RYR ratings as Intergrated.

And DHL have taken a few on as well on the 757.

There are alot of the training deptments crewed by mod trained ex FI's they go for there own.

Realistically its only the legacy carriers such as BA and BMI who hold out for your views. Quite alot of TP regional airlines either don't care or actively avoid intergrated. BUt the again you process your own recruits and choose them not the school.

Middle east now are accepting 500hours 10t EFIS TP as entrance requirments. I can remember as a TP FO the training deptment getting the right hump on as 10 FO's went off to BA with 500hours under there belt all mod trained I might add only doing 8 months on the line and paying the rest of thier 3 year bond off. Quids in compared to the cadets after comparing the salary reduction they were on and the mod -> TP -> BA pilots going in at full salarys.

And yep I have seen the intergrated boys wandering around the airport trying to strike exclusive deals up with carriers to only take there product.