PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 resits at ATPL any chance of actually getting a job?
Old 4th Aug 2011, 15:15
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was in the old days pre JAR now there is no difference between the two products, in fact the intergrated product is getting rapidly worse, they need to get a huge grip of there standards and not just teach to fly multicrew jets.
That really depends on what you are comparing? I am talking about cadetships for "multicrew jets" and based on the last 15 years experience with graduates from these programmes, I am seeing a high standard, and that continues.

This is distinct from someone of mediocre ability who may have obtained their licence by simply doing an integrated course of training. As I said, there are a lot of options out there, and an understanding of those options is very important.

Flying an Airbus 318/9/20/21 or a Boeing 737/757 etc. With only 200 odd hours is a very very limited market. There are very few realistic routes into this type of fasttrack airline placement, and it is important that people do not delude themselves otherwise.

Licence aquistion and a career path through flight instruction or aerial work, that leads on to to third and second level turboprop work, that leads on to direct airline recruitment at either turboprop or jet level, is a significantly longer, difficult and competitive career path. For the majority (who will still be the minority) of successful achievers, this has and will in the near term, continue to be the best prospect.

Whatever debate swirls around the relative merits of modular and integrated training does so in this arena. In the fasttrack arena to a jet first officer apprenticeship, the debate is a moot one, given the limited options available.