PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Provident Fund: choices and why don't we have more?
Old 4th Aug 2011, 06:15
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, considering the chaos that the American politicians have recently created and the way they have rattled the markets with their indecision it clearly shows they have NO IDEA how to get together and pay off the 1.2million dollars PER HEAD of unfunded liabilties in the US.

The US$ will implode in the coming near future (3>10 years max) and all asset classes being held in the dollar will become worthless. In-fact the way that global trade has been run in the last 2 decades has been shocking and fiat money ie paper based on nothing that governments would trade it in for except more printed money, or more worthless paper. Just look at gold silver and the commodity markets over the last 10 years, if you don't understand whats going on, DO understand that these increasing commodity values are due to a process in the US hellbent on destroying the dollar.

What concerns me is everywhere on the planet will be affected by a US$ collapse (a matter of when not if) and if you stayed in EK, the provident fund will become worthless no matter what have invested in as the funds are all non commodity based. By that I mean if you invest in bonds or equities they will become a worthless asset when the dollar is worthless. A lot of shares or trust units of a worthless currency = alot of nothing. A lot of commodity despite a depreciating US$ will still be alot of commodity valued even more as the dollar devalues.

I am shocked to understand why EK pilots don't somehow push the company into action on the provident fund and allow a commodity based asset to be purchased in the funds.

5kgs gold silver copper etc will always be 5kgs or a quantity of a desired commodity to be traded in any strong currency and retains its purchasing power no matter. 200kUS$ of an equity or bond or fund will be worthless when the $ becomes a retired global currency and greatly depreciates against the worlds new global currencies.

Trying to preserve the fund is important and I feel that EK pilots are unaware of the impending loss of their funds value or are just too stupid to campaign to get EK to at least offer a new investment vehicle within the fund to protec the value of your fund.

I have no idea how to get EK to ask the fund provider to offer commodity based investments, I write this in hope that several (100's would be nice) people might email the provident fund manager in EK and push for this change. Good Luck if you do try to help change the fund asset allocation, do email them, its for retention of all (Y)our cash and we should all be pressing them to do it asap.