PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brize move a farce..
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 00:38
wornboots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll speak if I may as a member of a non REMF and non shiny fleet squadron at BZN and also a resident of Brize Village.

Firstly, some of the comments on here (and Im not naming names) are incredibly immature and have had no real thought put into them except for selfish, childish reasons.
It's quite simple, one of the two bases had to go and Lyneham's runway just isn't big enough to support the heavy aircraft, it doesn't matter how many runways are there, they aren't long enough!

Secondly, noise pollution; the last survey carried out at Brize had 80% of aircraft movements done between 07:00 and 23:00, this figure has now reversed with most aircraft movements taking place in the once quiet hours.
It is currently 01:30, there is a herc running it's engines and has been for almost an hour. Last week a VC-10 carried out max power runs at 23:45 for an hour, is this fair on the local population?
The times and type of noise pollution has changed dramatically in the past 6 months and I can see why local residents are losing sleep.

Do they have reason to complain... Absolutely they do, it's going against human rights!