PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 22:45
framer

Received 479 Likes on 129 Posts
Why shouldn't they get a payrise, framer?
In my mind, it's not about whether they should or shouldn't get a payrise.

It's a bit like this, I believe that people living in Australia should be allowed an asprin if they have a headache.
I also believe that people living in Australia should be cut free from the wreckage of a car crash before they die of shock and blood loss.
You guys are trapped in the wreckage and the unions are fighting hard to ensure you get both cut free, and an asprin. Does it really matter if you have a headache for a bit after you've been cut free?
If you get all high and mighty about the the asprin ....the wreckage might just explode.

NO other group of employees, ANYWHERE in the country would be happy to sit on static/backwards wages... so why should pilots?
You don't have to be happy about it Apache, it's not a Disney movie. In fact, you could be very unhappy about it as you tootle off to work knowing you can make the mortgage payments next month.

The only way to come out of this ok is to have QF reverse or heavily modify all the plans they have in the pipeline. The only way that will hapen is with a public outcry against the company that motivates the pollies and board members to back down. Will you get a public outcry with all these other claims muddying the water ? Pay rises creating grey areas in the minds of Jo public? Not in my opinion.
dropping the pay claim is just stupid.
I respect your opinion and hope that you still think that in three weeks time.
Framer