PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salamanca Puma Crash Site Memorial
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 20:42
sada1731

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puma Crash

Hi Mick and everyone else out there.

Don't know if you will remember me. I am Nigel's sister, Sheena. I met quite a few of you on a few occasions when I visited Nigel and June. For years and years I have been trying to find a site like this to meet up and chat with people that knew my brother and finally my daughter Sarah found it. Like all of you I am getting on now and technology is beyond me - thank God for the youngsters. I am reading all the comments and names are jumping out at me that I remember well, not just meeting you before Belize but also at the funeral and also Craig's christening. I am trying to work out who is who - ewe.lander - is that Al Hudson, Punchrock - Chris Woolley? and I always remember "there's no F in McArdle" - what is his nickname.

Please, please get in touch with me. I would love to hear what everyone is up to now. I live in Weston super Mare with my husband, and have 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I try to get to Odiham as often as I can. I am also very proud to have gone to the War Memorial at Alrewas to see the guys names on the wall. Very moving.

Someone mentioned a memorial at Odiham - is that in the camp itself. Also the memorial at Salamanca doesn't look anything like the photo we have. Is there more than one?

Please get in touch.

Just realised that as my daughter is the one that registered for this site is gives her age, not mine. If only I was that age again. I know a girl lies about her age but there is no way I could get away with pretending to be 25.

LOL

Sheena Jeffrey
[email protected]

Last edited by sada1731; 3rd Aug 2011 at 20:55. Reason: Difference in age