PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brize move a farce..
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 22:26
Always a Sapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The station clearly underestimated the noise problem when this bolleaux decision was made in the first place - and it is entirely unreasonable to expect a generally supportive local population to tolerate additional noise resulting from MoD's impecunity.

Incidentally, car parking was one of the first topics I raised when this shotgun wedding was first considered. But 'they' knew better, of course, - "It won't be a problem"....
Spot on as always BEagle, noise levels at both stations pre move were pretty well controlled and the locals pretty much happy (you always get one or two who have a pop though) and yes, a lot noticed the airfield was there when buying a house. But I'm not sure folks in Brize or Carterton (who in the main are very supportive of BZN) signed up for a 24hr operation the likes of which they have now or are gonna get in the near future.

The move itself it seems was done to quick, everything should have been in place and ready to go before it started. It's not as though it was unexpected ffs, when was it announced? 2001/2?

As for the Quarters, the ones in Brize should have been knocked down 2 days after they were built not just before the move started! I can honestly say the one I had for 2 years was the worst MQ I'd ever had in 22 years service, even the old beaten up pile of bricks we had in Tidworth was better and thats saying something coming from a squaddy!

Still we are where we are now and somehow I don't think they will be going back to Lyneham. Mind you, would people be really surprised if they did? (now theres a rumor to start... remember, you heard it here first )