PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extra 7000 MoD civvies to go before 2015.
Old 31st Jul 2011, 18:55
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Jimlad referred to the cooks and bottle washers in Germany. They can only be removed from the CS if the unit that they serve is disbanded. If that unit is relocated to Jockland then they will need to recruit more cooks and bottlewashers.

Other CS are needed irrespective of the cuts to the teeth. The man that pays the MOD electric bill for instance will be needed until after the last man has left.

Now I would like to propose removal of the Defence Training Estates - a self-licking lollipop if ever there was one. C Northcote Parkinson observed that the Krupps works main offices in the Rhur was working flat out when Krupps production was zero as a result of allied bombing. He determined that an organisation of a given size would be administratively self-sustaining.

One moan a few years ago was that the we found out what was going on by reading the Daily Express. Now we have shedloads of high cost glossy magazines, mission statements, etc etc. When DTE began we had to write a pamphlet about each facility when we had managed perfectly well for 60 years with order books. The pamphlets were duly written and published but no one accepted ownership and they soon became out of date.