PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extra 7000 MoD civvies to go before 2015.
Old 30th Jul 2011, 13:49
Topsy Turvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extra Civys lost

"The gov't need to grow up and live in the 'now'. You want a strong MoD (Think about what those letters mean!!!). You need fit, healthy, and motivated military personel, carrying weapons and willing to use them. There is no other option.

Getting rid of civil servants is long overdue, we do not need them, and we never needed them. They were pseudo Mil admin staff (who could not carry weapons) at best. Sorry. But goodbye. The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of thee few.
"

Chopbeefer you are wrong!

I am ex military and now a CS. Fact, there is waste in the MoD CS! but I seriously doubt it equates to 33,000 posts. These cuts will impact on operations & support to the front line.

If the MoD CS has no value and you dont need them I hope you dont expect to:

-be fed and watered
-receive any pay / allowances
-have your accommodation concerns investigated
-be supplied with uniform / equipment
-have individuals working on designs for the latest high technology equipment
-be able to have complaints investigated outside the chain of command on Ministers behalf
-be able to return home from deployment in an emergency .
-have your family /dependants supported whilst you are deployed / or if taken ill or if you should die in service.
- receive a pension / medals

Just some of the valuable rolls MoD CS perform

The majority of civilians earn their salary and offer better value for money that their military equivalent performing similar roles. (I should know having seen both sides) The Govt actually needs to look at civilianising more support roles - replacing military personnel in non front line tasks and freeing them up for front line / Op duties. As such their is a strong case for increasing, or at least not cutting the MoD CS - redeploying those CS in non jobs to essential tasks.