PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore LO CO
Thread: Singapore LO CO
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2011, 01:52
break_break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDRW,
Thanks for the insight. I have been staying put at where I am, since there's no better option for me on the 380. Am rated and heavy on 777 hours since almost a decade ago and not many outfits offer viable alternative comparatively.
Despite the fact that I don't require any additional perks like children education or staff travel benefits, I will not move to any airline offering inferior pay condition. I have vested interest to ensure that for as long as I wish to fly, I will do my best not to assist in eroding pay package. I mean if you look at everywhere, pilots working environment has become much harsher, and HR does not intend to even compensate for inflationary effect of our devalued hard earned cash.
I do admit, however, judging from the trend of Lo Co development and movement of pilots, the reputable carriers are having good source of cheap and much less demanding pilots. There's really nothing much we can do about it, it's back to supply vs demand scenario.
I do strongly urge the rest to heed the advice of CDRW and not taking the plunge too soon, SingCargo is one excellent example to keep in mind.