PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extra 7000 MoD civvies to go before 2015.
Old 29th Jul 2011, 21:29
chopabeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a 20 yr plus military guy, I wish to input. I have worked with myriad Civil Servants over the years... some were brilliant, many (more than 50% IRRC) were imbecilies - proper morons - as thick as mince, and getting paid for work they were not capable of doing. I have worked for many Sqn Bosses - all Wg Cdr rank. Some were excellent, and others were morons - clearly been promoted to get them out of a cockpit.

Point? The Civil service have more than their fair share of incompetant imbeciles - think anyone in the forces can agree to that - but there are exceptions - a few of the civvies are excellent and deserve praise - but they are in the minority.

In a time of cuts, we must go for the best and most efficient option - best for the forces, most efficient for the gov't and the taxpayer. That means all posts 100% mil. Civvy's don't fight, carry weapons, hold NBC quals, or have fitness certifcates.

The gov't need to grow up and live in the 'now'. You want a strong MoD (Think about what those letters mean!!!). You need fit, healthy, and motivated military personel, carrying weapons and willing to use them. There is no other option.

Getting rid of civil servants is long overdue, we do not need them, and we never needed them. They were pseudo Mil admin staff (who could not carry weapons) at best. Sorry. But goodbye. The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of thee few.

Contentious? Certainly, but right. The MOD is about defending, fighting, killing (yes, sorry - we do that), and cleaning up the damage. I have been in all situations and have never seen a civvy who did not arrive in any post with a load of rules to hinder the whole process. They were, for the most part, clueles

Sorry, but goodbye. You won't be missed. Want your job back? Pick up a weapon, go throught mil training, and fight. What's that?....bad back is it...oh dear..