PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Asia Business Model
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2011, 14:15
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Another amazing piece of the puzzle just fit in to place.

Dennis Choo aka Mr Choo Teck Wong owner of Westbrook Investments Pte Ltd

Tour East - Contact Us

Group Managing Director - Mr Dennis Choo
Executive Director - Mr Duncan Choo
Group General Manager, IT/Strategy - Mr Francis See
Group Vice-President, Sales & Marketing - Ms Judy Lum
and AMAZINGLY

Jetstar Asia better off without Temasek - Asian Skies

This change involves the Singapore Government's investment arm Temasek Holdings selling its 33.5% stake in Singapore-based Jetstar Asia and the smaller shareholders are also selling out.
It also means Qantas Airways is increasing its stake in Jetstar Asia to 49% from 45% and Singaporean businessman Dennis Choo is stepping in and buying a 51% stake.
CNA had already interviewed Jetstar's CEO, Bruce Buchanan, yesterday and he would have obviously highlighted the positive aspects of the change.
So the CNA reporter asked me in the afternoon what could be the possible negative consequences of no longer having Temasek as a shareholder.
Quite frankly, I don't see a downside. Not having Temasek involved in Jetstar Asia, in my opinion, makes the decision-making process at Jetstar Asia a lot simpler and means the business can be run more efficiently.

Buchanan told me that Choo has been doing business with Qantas for about 20 years and is already Qantas and Jetstar's general sales agent in many Asian countries such as Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, China and India.
What role does Mr Choo have in Tour East Thailand ?