PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 11:32
pee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR vs. Wizz

wizz have a monopoly in cork too,hopefully the gloves will come off.its about time ryr put the flag flying in ireland again.
I sincerely believe the competition is good for customers, but under one condition: such a route must have enough potential for both competitors. Otherwise, there could be unnecessary bloodbath, losses and a possibility of simultaneous retreat, including dropping routes in question.

Most of the about mentioned routes could be too fragile to sustain the competition. Like e.g. Oslo - Poznan, where not only FR and Wizz, but also Norwegian is about to start flying directly and SAS introduces new links via CPH.

And indeed, Wizz is not doomed to become the looser, not everywhere. Their costs are probably as low as Ryanair's and they have one additional advantage; several bases in Central Europe. You don't claim that the costs of maintaining a base in Poland are equal to these in Norway, do you? Polish workforce must be cheaper and taxes lower, aren't they? If that's correct, why on Earth FR has not yet decided to use these opportunities? In a few years these costs might rise there as well...

PS. I don't know the precise numbers, but I visited Poland this year. They told me some examples of wages there. A qualified nurse earns 600 euros per month. Argh!