PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Provident Fund: choices and why don't we have more?
Old 28th Jul 2011, 08:15
Keith Discovering

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your replies Gents,

Yes you're right Bymonek about EK's risk aversion regarding the A+B funds.I am still at a loss with this policy though. If its to do with EK not having to pay twice for EoSB, then they should have a fund that guarantees the minimum legal limit and don't give us any choice. I'm no financial wizard, but I know guys out there that have had a significant drop in their 'investments' using these very limited funds. If they retired or left today, these 'managed funds' won't meet the EoSB requirement you allude to.

I said the 'choice of funds was criminally atrocious' and i stand by that. Why can't we have more choice? The argument of risk aversion doesn't tally with the results of the funds.

What have I proactively done to get answers? Well, for a start i wrote this post. I tried to get some interest in us, as pilots, to have greater choice in what is available. Nearly 1400 views, and no one thinks like I do? I guess everyone else has visited Mondial and got great advice and is happy with their A+B fund. Best I get a visit quickly...

Last edited by Keith Discovering; 28th Jul 2011 at 09:44.