PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 07:26
plebeian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerned junior crew member

So Qantas has chosen the path of maximum psychological pressure of its flightcrew throough spreading of redundancy rumours, both on forums and selected media. They have made an announcement of an announcent to give us time to stew over whats to come and make us more maleable when they finally try to make us eat a sh.t sandwich. They have BB out in the media going on about our demise. For a long time they have been ramping up the pressure, taking away our career options, deliberately to break us. Now its there choice to go about it this way, I have no problems with that.

My concern is that for a lot of junior crew, things are getting pretty stressful both in the flightdeck, and at home with the family as a result, and with PIA going on at the same time, I know a lot of crew are finding it incredibly difficult to keep their mind on the job.

The question is, who would you speak to if this was becoming an issue. I would have thought the fleet manager, but with a Captain being stood down for expressing an opinion, and a chief pilot who is obviously there just to serve his masters, I don't think going to the company is an option any more.

Surely there needs to be some pilot representation on the company side, or is it just Sh.t flowing down hill.