PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius
Thread: Air Mauritius
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2011, 04:53
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
They are the biggest pack of clowns and amateurs on this earth man

I went out there for an ATR command interview a good few years back - they emailed me the package before interview and, while not amazing (also around the 3000 euro area with a few perks) it was acceptable, and the wife was keen to live in paradise ...

So I went out there, did the interview, got the job, literally as I was getting on my plane back to London a guy came and gave me an envelope with my contract to sign - which was, mysteriously, a contract paying 2000 euro / month with all the perks removed and they wanted me to buy a type rating off them for 14,000 euro?!

Needless to say I phoned them up and told them where they could stick that - if they are gonna shaft people that hard before they've even got them to sign on the dotted line, imagine what they will do to you once you're there.

Having said that, they did provide free flights and hotel for the interview, and since I got there 3 or 4 days before the interview actually started, I had a nice little mini holiday drinking myself stupid at the beach bar with a couple of hard case south african bush pilots, who also declined the job once the stupid airline tried to pull that stunt