PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2011, 08:43
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways News

I hope it was ok to start this new thread. I was looking for the previous one and couldn't find it. I apologise for any error on my part.

I was just wondering if anyone has any news about BA fleet plans or possible new services. For a major UK carrier it seems to get little coverage on here. I do manage to find news at 'Airliners net' and 'The BA Source' but I do value the views and comments of the knowledgeable posters on these forums too!!

With another Boeing 747 completing a major check at Cardiff for return to service after storage at Victorville any news of the 3 747s that remain there? I know that the two that never made it out of Cardiff are in the process of being scrapped but is there a possibility that the fleet will get to 55? It should be back at 52 in the next few weeks. I know a couple of 777-300s are due for delivery later this year but even so scheduling does look tight. Been a few cancellations recently when a long haul aircraft has gone tech. In the past there seemed to be more slack to allow another aircraft to cover. I appreciate this can be expensive but it is not a good idea to 'delay' the premium traffic that seems to be improving the fortunes of BA.

As always all news and opinions appreciated.