PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IOT for Airmen Aircrew.....
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2002, 12:52
Rude Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Darkside et al. Lets look at this from an informed point of view.

As a failed Rodney cadet I subsequently passed AAITC. OCTU (age showing!) and IOT were not as physically intense as the ITC but were far longer, involving more mental determination and stamina. Sure some other ex-O Cadets failed ITC as well, but probably for the same character weaknesses that had seen them chopped at the 'Tech. I had a 2 year break between courses which I suspect stood me in far better stead for passing the ITC.

A quick survey of exAA now serving in trade as Officers amply demonstrates that a competent SNCO selected for commissioning often does not make a good Officer. Also OASC seem to be past masters at selecting complete t*****s for commissioning who continue to be inadequate with a lot more authority.

In the end it is difficult to explain why a time-promoted MACR does not require any training to become an Officer whilst a merit-promoted FS like yourself, Darkside, or yours' truly apparently need 6 months correction!

It all falls within the remit of our wonderful upper managemant, so don't standby for any logic or improvements in this area!

See you on the Sqn, mate, and we can have another whinge about not even being able to get our Warrants!!