PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI pilots scramble for Dreamliner take-off
Old 24th Jul 2011, 14:59
Johny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody has gone to the USA yet. The boeing team is here and conducting some ground classes. A few senior capts are expected to go to seattle for their initial training by boeing trainers. After that they will come back to India and train the 777 pilots on the 787 sim which is being installed at AI training facility in kalina,mumbai.
Batch comprising senior Capt.'s + F/O's have left the country some time back in june.That's confirmed and yes Boeing team is here but not for ground classes for pilots but for engineers.SIM's will be installed in Kalina but boeing team is not here for that.

Yes everywhere its same like having kins getting preferences over others not by such a big margin where special panels are formed just to accommodate their own( Alliance air coming up with add's where they need CRJ/ATR pilots and last date is with in 45-60 days of published Advert or getting 737 TR for AIX where panel is open till some 6 months or can be even extended and somehow it gets canceled,then news comes that they got sufficient TR pilots.....)
Its crap going on in almost all airline but not so much like its in AI.

Please do feel free to PM me with the names. As far as I know there are 2 parent-kid duo. But then I might be wrong. PM me we can have a good discussion
Its a matter of time when their names will be out in national daily very soon....so till then its all suspense.