PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 05:52
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Vasis
I have a question - if the only "demand" from the pilot union is to not off-shore pilot positions, why is Qantas stating other demands from the group (which Qantas cannot afford) including free travel or use of crew rest, higher priority codes, Qantas Club access etc as other demands?
Qantas is alleging they can't afford them, even though it has consistently refused to show its costing workings to the pilot negotiating team. Qantas also refuses to acknowledge the fact that efficiency and other tradeoffs have been offered. Why do they act this way? Well, perhaps you should reflect on why they're doing it. I can think of a number of possible reasons, none of which involves them actually negotiating in good faith.

If they're not true, why would Qantas publish these as facts?
Well, you tell me. Why would Olivia Wirth go on TV and bluntly state that Qantas is still recruiting pilots (false)? Why would she issue a media release stating we are demanding $200,000 PA each (false)? Why would she state on TV that we're demanding free trips for all our friends and relatives (false). Why would she state in a radio interview that she's not sure whether Qantas has left-handed screwdrivers for the two engineers who were going to use only their left hands in maintenance work (because she's a blithering idiot)?

The unions could easily make a fool out of Qantas for making these statements as false - however they're not.
I've asked this question before on here and have been told they're not true - yet I don't see Barry come on in the media to say these are false and misleading claims?
AIPA have published numerous media releases stating these claims are false. Barry Jackson has been interviewed on TV and stated these claims are false. So has Richard Woodward.

Sh*t sometimes sticks, at least for a while, and Qantas are flooding the media with it. Don't be under the illusion that Qantas corporate PR has any budget restrictions during this dispute.