PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 20:29
RoyHudd

I Have Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on!

Shed, I sat at 'T' and watched (and reported) a big chunk of 23L tarmac get blown out and back by a departing mid-size jet. This within the last 2 years. Now as any fool knows, we don't use max thrust, nor even high thrust while stabilizing our engines at the first stage of take-off. What I am suggesting is shoddy workmanship. As in all 3 terminals and the taxiways.

Safety is not an issue. ATC are as good as it gets at MAN. But the airport is rubbish, when compared to many other first-line European, U.S, and Canadian international airports. From experience, both current and past.

The problem here is that many people see the need to 'defend' the place. Hardly anybody points out its numerous flaws. What is your problem people? This should be a much better airport, from immigration, police, security, car parks, terminal buildings, taxiways, and runways. The traffic jams due to a badly designed airport are more than frustrating, despite the best eforts of "Ground". Not their fault. But MAN is rubbish. Yes, I live close by and have to work there. It's not an easy matter to uproot bases, considering family and opportunities. But I have every right to complain. Grow up, you juveniles who "support" the place. It is not a football team, not even Stockport County.