PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 06:44
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a marathon, not a sprint. There is an image to be crafted here. the PAs are the first step in that. No need to go all '89 right from the start! Personally I'm quite pleased at the strategy. It's conservative, it keeps our options open and it's doing our best to keep the passengers on side in the short term.

... does further action require another ballot??
No. As long as everything we've previously voted on is 'enacted' within a month of the vote being proclaimed, no further vote is required. There will be a couple of pilots engaging in limited stop works so that we have those options up our sleeves for all pilots if things haven't progressed in the next couple of months.

Passengers are just going to either ignore such a PA or complain about being disturbed by it.
Perhaps. It's not that different from some of the PAs that some of us have been making over the last couple of years anyway. Apart from the web site reference it's not that different to any other announcement. If they ignore it then so be it. If they complain about it they can do that to my face at the door as they get off. There will be some who pay attention and many who support us.

I can almost guarantee that the majority of the population don't give a sh*t about Qantas Pilot for Qantas Aircraft....
The research that has been conducted over the last 6 months or so would suggest otherwise. It actually rates quite highly- somewhere north of 75% if I recall correctly.