PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 04:27
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I share many of the frustrations here, but I think you have to be a little circumspect.

The media are just regurgitating the garbage a very well resourced QF media relations department spin to them. They don't see it as their job to do a forensic investigation of the facts anymore (those good ol' days are long gone, for the most part).

The only people who will really care about being "interrupted" during their entertainment will be passengers. Those same passengers will be pleasantly surprised when the PA is made, but it doesn't actually say anything hugely controversial or interrupt anything, least of all their entertainment. Those same passengers then go on to being a bit miffed at Qantas for lying to them, and will likely tell their friends about it too. Once a lie or two is exposed, they get to the point where they don't believe anything Alan Joyce or Olivia Wirth spin to them anymore.

This is where Qantas, in feeding crap to the media, can come unglued. Sure, it's only a personal opinion, but I don't think Qantas are as far ahead in the PR game as people like to think they are (or at least, not for long).

As far as the cabin crew go, I wouldn't expect too many problems. If there is one thing which can unite tech and cabin crew, it is a seething distrust of Joyce and management cronies (yeah, you know who you are, don't you? ).