PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 22:33
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TBM-Legend
I trust that all QF pilots only drive Australian made cars, drink only Oz wine and beer, take their holidays only in Australia to be consistent with their position...
Perhaps the silliest thing about the above statement is the imposition of a type of trivial "unilateral" logic, ie, if you are concerned for Australian jobs then you must only ever holiday in Australia, only ever buy an Australian car, etc. It's as if somehow by daring to actually venture outside our shores on a holiday, you are by default expressing contempt for aussie jobs or aussie industry, which of course is just sheer tripe.

I'm deeply concerned for our jobs, and I try to "buy Australian" if I can. But sometimes I can't, or the Australian product simply doesn't suit my needs, or any of a hundred other possible reasons. It's something you have to deal with and it doesn't negate the value of any other position you hold on "offshoring" an entire Australian industry. So enough of this argument, eh? You're at least the second person to make it on this forum, and it's still equally ridiculous as the first time.