PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Start or Not to Start?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 18:49
mark_c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your situation is very similar to mine, except im stuck in a full time job I would totally agree with the post above and thats what i am doing at the moment.

I spent weeks on here deciding which route best suits my lifestyle, and i decided to go with the modular route, not only is it cheaper than integrated, it is ideal for people who are working as you do it all at a pace that suits you!

Im currently 10 hours into my PPL and plan to do distance learning ATPL and some hour building when i complete my PPL, after this i will save as much as i can for 6-8 months and get a loan to pay the differance needed for remaining hour building and CPL/IR. This also allows me to time the completion of my training to coincide with an upturn in the pilot market......hopefully!!

It may not be an option for you (like it wasnt for me) but if i could, i would definately carry out the PPL and hour building in America as you probably know it is a lot cheaper over there! And a lot of the FTOs there are JAA approved!

Best of luck whatever way you do it!