PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Jet Replacement
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2002, 07:53
Near Miss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Actually Airspeed Ambassador I have had the pleasure of finding myself a little too fast in a jet coming into land. :o Had to go flight idle and put out the boards to get her down to gear speed. I hate it went I'm half asleep and ATC turn you in a bit (10 track miles) earlier than normal. Oh well, we all want track shortening. But at the same time I have also had the pleasure of doing greater than 300 IAS turning base. And before any of you start with the 250 below 10 thing, read it closely, for I was IFR, in Class C, and not at either SY or ML. I was just having a little dig at the 146.

Turboprop vs Jet. I have flown both and think that they each have their advantages. We all know which the well informed pax want, but you can't run a 744 CB to SY 15 times a day. Nor can you run a B1900 SY to PH either. The question here is which one is the best for the job that QFL are going to ask of it? I would still like to get some actual normal (not "I'm giving it all I can Captain") cruise speeds, levels, TODR (at say ISA + 15 to 20) at MTOW, range, and the like for the 717, Dash 8 and 146/RJX, just to compare.

I'm with stupid totally agree. I think a lot more should be taught about what is what, not just with turbulence, but with runway condition and braking, etc.