PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 01:05
niero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys

I wanted to shed more light on the Cabri G2 in the pacific. There are 2 Cabris already in Sydney and the dealership is open for endorsements and aircraft sales. 2 should arrive in Christchurch New Zealand in the next month or so. More information on the following websites

Cabri G2 now available through Pacific Aircraft Sales, New Zealand
Guimbal Cabri G2 Helicopter Dealer Australia

I so far have flown the Cabri 4 times and am up-most impressed with the Helicopter.

First of all, the helicopter gets hired out at the same rate as the R22. With only around 30 hours on the demonstrator and the aircraft being sold its hard to tell with complete serenity how much cheaper the Cabri G2 really is at this present moment. With this said I will put my entire worth on the table and bet that it will be miles cheaper the 300cbi, and 300c to run. The website that posted the running figures are far from the truth when it comes to owing an R22 or a H300cbi.

A little review of the controls:

About the stiff cyclic: I fount that the cabri has the sensitivity of R22 but the instant response you would get in a fully articulated system. The result a very quick, precise machine. (I suspect that a lot of the comments come from R22, R44 drivers who may not be used to operating the trim/forget to use it) I also would like to note that once you are trimmed out, the cyclic is perfect for maneuvering because all you need are "pressure movements" to change the attitude.

The collective is a nice change as well. The metal shiny grip is where you hold it, while the black throttle is left free to move. No more overspeeds due to students gripping too hard on the collective throttle. I doubt the Robinson R22 or the H300cbi figures incorporate those mishaps. Collective also does not raise or fall when let go to reach for the radios.

The mixture controls, magneto controls and the rotor break are above your head. Virtually eliminating the situation of accidentally pulling something you should not during the flight.

ELT controls are on the vertical panel in between the seats, again same deal here; really easy to reach, but hard to trip by accident.

The Sydney dealership currently has got one for sale for 400,000AUD and have got a listing on global plane search for the Ferrari Itallia yellow Cabri. 1hour in cabri is 500AUD.

Just my two cents worth to those who are interested.

Fly safe!