PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf LAME EBA Negotiations Begin
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2011, 08:22
1me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure thing. I guess Alan Joyce would like ignorami to stop telling him how to be the CEO of an airline.
Ken, let's get one thing straight.. AJ is not acting like the CEO of a respected airline, he's more akin to a liquidator. For him to run the airline well he needs to understand the dynamics of the business. He clearly does not.
To quote the man himself: "
Our engineering and maintenance organisation is central to Qantas getting the most out of new generation aircraft."

This is a true statement but belies the fact that Joyce has absolutely no idea of what is involved with maintaining aircraft. Much of the dross he spouts about maintenance and 'New Generation" aircraft is simply that; dross!

Why does the rest of the world do it the EASA way and we dont like it in this country?

Right or wrong, why is it no good for Australia?
hcmcmcclown; just because the rest of the world do something a certain way does NOT mean that it is necessarily the best way. Blindly following what everyone else does because some boffin deems it "world's best practice" is short sighted and failure prone at best.

The way we do it here in Australia has served us well for many a long year. Change can be a good thing if done constructively, however, change for change's sake bears an ill wind.