PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Late Shift to Early Shift... Flight Dispatch
Old 19th Jul 2011, 15:12
VictorCharlieTen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... Thanks all for your replies. (SkySky, how are you?, hope your surviving EDI!).
As I would expect in mainland Europe the regulations are adhered to. - What is it with the U.K that we let ourselves be treated wrongly and still go along with it?. I called the person highest up the tree within Personnel at Menzies Aviation who confirmed to me that he understood the rest period (adequate) to be 11 hours. That person also told me that there may be certain times Operationally that I may be asked to work outwith the normal expected times but that would be to cover emergencies or only a specific thing. As this is ROSTERED for me and has been for this summer season I still know the minimum rest period is breached. As Blue - Shamrock 89 says, Rostered shifts.
Groundagent, Capt Wannabe, SkySky & Blue - Shamrock 89, thanks for your replies.
I found myself at the weekend there struggling with what would normally be a busy but straight forward working day. I was very tired from less than a few hours rest and felt my job suffered as I was not as aware as I normally would be. I know the ground handling agents are all under such financial pressures in 2011 but today's pressures are killing this industry as a decent place to work. - Certainly within the UK.