PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any info on Brazil??
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2011, 05:16
Varig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, i was meaning "type rating". I will ask this guy who had his hours refused by TAM to check what was exactly the reason and I will let you know in the following days.

About Avianca, You wont have problem there, they will accept it because half of my TT was logged outside Brazil, and this guy I mentioned who had problems at TAM went to the same assesment than I and they didnt complained about his license or hours. (but he failed)

Im not the best man to tell you exactly how things are at Avianca cause Im on training yet, but a poll was made some time ago on the biggest aviation forum in Brazil asking what was the best airline to work for and Avianca won. What people usually say is that the environment is one of the best to work for, very friendly group of pilots and cabin crew, and a good salary. In the future Avianca Brasil will merge with the Colombian arm and they have plans to start international routes soon, next year they will receive A330 and 787 are expected to arrive by 2014/2015, and the best thing in my opinion is that you may be promoted to captain sooner than others airlines here (+- 4 years). Tam has the best salary and widebodies but you can expect around 10 years flying in the right seat and you work like a slave with very few days off so I think Avianca is the best choice for me right now.

Webjet. Forget it, Gol just bought this airline and their plan is to cease with the brand and make everything as one airline

cheers