PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any info on Brazil??
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2011, 02:36
Varig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What type of airplane are you currently flying? I ask that because a friend of mine was a CPI in U.S.A with +-1500TT, He was invited for an interview at TAM but in the moment the recruiter saw on his logbook that all his hours was done in U.S, even with the conversion they sent him back home because they didnt accept hours outside Brazil as proof of logged hours. But Im sure that if at least most of your hours was done at a TR airplane they will accept it.

Im sure You will need to have your license already converted for an interview because due to the need of pilots, most of time, things happens really fast (you may start employment 1 or 2 weeks after the interview) and because of the burocracy with ANAC they know You wont be ready on time if they approve You.

About procedures and prices for the conversion I unfortunately cant help You because I dont have a clue how to do it. Maybe Soave Pilot knows something useful.

About hours logged in helicopters, Im not sure but I dont believe they will accept it to fill the minimum required hours, but if you fill the minimums at fixed aircraft only, im sure they will consider your heli hours as extra experience