PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any info on Brazil??
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2011, 19:29
Varig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again. Im not sure if you are currently working or not but I suggest you to come to Brazil to do some research any time, and specially to convert your license because the Brazilian aviation authority is very burocratic and it might take longer than you expect to finish all the conversin proccess. I did my pilot training in Brazil so no conversion needed for me.
The news I know for this moment is that GOL may not hire more pilots this year because of the merge with Webjet, if they do so, its probably gonna be just one class by the end of the year. For 2012 their initial plan was to make 5 classes of new pilots during all year, but now because of Webjet they plan to have only 2. (Of course all this can change)
TAM airlines are always hiring but in small groups of pilots, but i dont have any concrete information about them now.
Azul airlines do pilot's interviews every week and is probably one of the easiest choices, they oftern hire pilots fresh from CPL courses with only 150tt, but they ask you to have ICAO4, Jet trainer, University degree and their salary is one of the lowest in Brazil, They hire both for the E-JETīs and ATRs
Another airline hiring pilots is TRIP, they fly ATRs and E-JETs as well
The last option at the moment is AVIANCA Brasil (this is the one im in) They are still small in the Brazilian market but growing well, i dont think they are going to hire any more pilots for the F100 this year, but i believe they will need more to fly the Airbuses
All these airlines asks an average of 500TT minimum, except for TAM and GOL who asks for 1000TT
Just want to point again that no expats are allowed in Brazil, sorry guys