PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Z flight training school
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2002, 19:56
Sharfted Groundhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen their facilities, and they are really new and quite professional. They have both a flying school and aero club in their facilities but run their professional training quite separately which is a good thing..... I think their managers or CFI's (can't remember which) name is Jay and he's a pretty straight up and down sort of guy from first impressions....

Christchurch is a lovely city with lovely friendly people. There are ski fields close by and some pretty amazing tourist attractions quite close that might also be of interest while your over here.

I wouldn't have too many problems recommending them; don't know what the general feeling is out in the traps but I can't imagine it being too different.

Christchurch gets some pretty amazing weather patterns - dust up on fohn winds and mountain flying before you come! The westerly down in that part of the country can be quite challenging!

Make sure you get an instructor who is on to it - and have no qualms about changing if your not happy!

Best of luck - good choice I think!