PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise, Parliament and Manchester
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2001, 00:53
lumbalund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly into and out of Manchester on a regular basis for PIA and as mentioned by SHOTONE my airline seems to have quite a few noise and track violations.Not wanting to make excuses here are my observations.The aircrafts are all 747classics,without all the modern day gismos.The navigation systems on board are LTN92 which are not approved for SID/STARS.The take off weight for east and west bound flights are between 330 to 350 tons with V2 at 173 to 179 kts.The departures that we follow are wallasey or stock both of which are based at 180kts,so you can see flying V2+10 you will get a track violation.I am also not surprised that the other airline having the same problum are Virgin as they operate a B747-200(calipso queen) out of MAN.These are problums I dont expect a person flying a EMB 145 or Airbus A-320 to understand as they have no idea what a 747 at 350 tons at V2+10 handles like but let me tell you gentlemen it aint a rabbit.
As far as SHOTONEs comment about th DOs not doing anything about it ,NOT TRUE ,if your name is on that flight that had a violation you get to see the very unhappy Chief pilot Training in person.Personally speaking I wish we could go back to Shannon.