PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 10:59
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a bit of fun to celebrate the new Ryanair Manchester base - from one Irishman to another

Michael O'Leary goes into a well known Dublin pub, The Harp, and asks for a pint of Guinness.
"That will be one Euro, please," says the barman.
"That's a very low price," replies O'Leary, ‘I approve’’
"Now before I pour it, would you like a glass with that, sir?" asks the barman. ‘’Of course’’ says O’Leary, ’’ how else would I drink it?’’
‘’No problem’’, says the barman, ‘’that’ll be 4 Euros for the glass, 1 Euro for the Guinness, and a 2 Euros Guinness pumping charge. Now would you like to stand at the bar and drink it or sit down? It’s 1 Euro to stand or 2 Euros to sit.’’ ‘’ Er….er…er… stand’’ replies O’Leary
‘’Grand, now how about crisps, nuts, paninis, lotto tickets or perhaps some celebrity endorsed fragrance to go with your pint?’’
‘’Just give me the fecking pint’’ screams O’Leary ‘‘I only came here for a fecking pint’’
‘’Ok let’s just review your order: 1 Euro for the Guinness, 4Euros for the glass, 2 Euros for the Guinness pumping charge, 1 Euro to stand, so that’s 8 Euros so far please. ..How about pre booking a taxi home ?’’
‘’Aaaaahh’’ screams O’Leary in desperation, ‘’Ok sir, I understand your frustration’’, says the barman ‘’but we have to do all this to keep the price of our Guinness at 1 Euro, people demand good value from us. Do you know some pubs are charging as much as 4 Euros for a pint of Guinness?’’
‘’I know, it’s terrible the way some other pubs behave, ripping off their customers like that. Anyways, how much do I owe you?’’
‘’That’s 8 Euros’’ replied the barman. ‘’What card would you like to pay with………………?’’

Seriously though good luck with the base