PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2011, 08:33
Going Boeing

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Porch, my post was not meant to denigrate domestic F/O's in any way but to highlight that the QF S/O's are just as important (& skilled) as domestic F/O's. This comment - (& may even have better skills) - in my last post was a reflection of the lengthy recruiting process that QF had in place which theoretically should result in selection of the best applicants. As TG has stated, it's not a foolproof system.

I know of a number of pilots who couldn't accept the role of S/O and consequently did not apply for QF - preferring instead to take an F/O position with a LCC (possibly on a lower salary). The advantage of this route was the perception of a quick command (providing the airline keeps expanding). The downside is the possibility of remaining on the one aircraft type (flying the same route structure repeatedly) for the rest of their career with that company. It's an individual choice that has no connection with a pilots flying skills. I hope that those who have been derogatory of S/O's (or cruise F/O's as they are called in some airlines) on this forum re-evaluate their thoughts and treat their peers with the respect that they deserve.