PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2011, 23:35
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Boeing, have to make a comment on the S/O situation, whilst recognising that we all have to start somewhere, as a domestic skipper and probably the oldest S/O ever in QF after "that year" (please note Seven years after that year, in case of the s$ab accusations starting), being a S/O is money for jam. As a previous C@T skipper I saw pilots in QF I would not feed, and I saw pilots in TN (TAA) I would not feed. Indeed it was a interesting example of human behaviour, to watch a fairly young skipper in QF try to deal with someone the same age as his ol man, sitting behind him, with double the hours he had. Most were pleasant, slightly apologetic, (they need not be) and interested, in who you were and why you ended up in that situation. (Please note that fellas) its not a good place to be, down the bottom of the woodpile again. The pay was good, but somehow it did not make up for the feeling of loss of job, and perhaps dignity. It was my observation (lets be honest there is not much else to do) that Australian pilots regardless of what airline they work for or be either F/O on domestic or S/O on QF are pretty much a good well trained disciplined mob, flying OS for sometime only cemented this point of view, as I came across some shockers. There is little difference between a Domestic F/O or QF S/O, little difference at all.