PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are you doing now, instead of Flying?
Old 12th Jul 2011, 10:34
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with what someone else said about everyone who flies. We are all pilots, 172, Rans, B737 or F14. Who cares, everyone has that passion to fly.
We're nearly their with our Pitts by the way, it is a highly modified S1 now, I think the only original parts are the steal tube fuse and wing spars!
I have always been the type who can't stand flying the same aeroplane doing the same thing 40 hours a week...which is why I worked fulltime for such a short time. Yes, I am an aviation geek, probably the geekiest here. The most fun I can have, is to go do some akro in the Pitts (whether I am taking a mate up in the 2 seater or practicing some sequences or individual figures), then take the Tiger up for some leisure aeros over our airfield which is a long private grass strip miles away from any control zone, then retreat to the bar (which is also on the field) after cleaning the old girl down.
Being self employed, I can come and go as I please, go fly where ever I feel like. I have continued to do a limited amount of contract work, mainly instructing in the Pitts or other ga types and pt 135 in tiger/pitts.

Flying is just too big a passion to turn it into a fulltime job for me personally.