PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IOT for Airmen Aircrew.....
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2002, 17:52
Darkside2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fishy,

Good point about the failed Officer cadets passing AAITC..perhaps I should have mentioned that few I knew in those days passed, most PVR'd before the Dales. The ones that did pass mentioned that when they had been chopped at Cranwell had gladly and gratefully accepted any Airmen Aircrew branch and in a sort of way been told which branch they were going in.....was this a numbers game I wonder...!!

I am not interested in whether Airmen Aircrew turn into good officers or not, that was not my question. Every rank from the top to the bottom has it's share of good/bad guys. I was purely asking if we should attend the full IOT, or the reduced SERE course in recognition of the training we have done in the past.

Thanks for all the replies, please feel free to continue this debate and add your comments constructively!!!

By the way, was chatting to our Co-pilot today who knows that a corporal AAC chap was only required to do the 2 month course when he crossed over. Guess the Air Force still doesn't know how to look after it's own and pay them the dues and recognition it should.......!

Fly safe everyone and catch you in the bar sometime! Don't forget that it's high jinks in the O's Mess....and wanton destruction in ours!!!