PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I feel like the luckiest person alive
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2001, 12:19
Crash Barrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Spock,

Simple logic would dictate that 'little Timmy' would keep his good news to himself, and get on with the process of actually studying for the licence. Just because his mummy + daddy have spent their life savings + retirement plan on 'Spoilt Brat', does not mean that he will pass the course any easier than everybody else.

Jealousy does not come into it. It is the sheer ARROGANCE of the posting in the first place. If everybody who had financial help posted to the effect of 'Blackknight/ Little Timmy' then the forum would be full of 'Spoilt Brats'

Obviusly this concept is just toooo difficult for the peanut sized brain replies that I have endured (and the insults), but heh at least some of you could see through that cloudy mist of Bullsh*t and knew what I talking about.

It never ceases to amaze me of the continuous snobbery of the people who post on this forum, but that attitude I have seen for many years in the U.K. Aviation market and I do not think for one minute it will stop. It is a pity you are not all more 'chilled out' about replies that you don't agree with. It begs the question, if you make it onto the flight deck one day and have some major emergency, will you cope ??

From the standard of replies, I would say 'No', most of you crack up at the slightest difference of opinion on a subject and resort to swearing. If this is the future of wannabe pilots, then I will take a ferry instead. Remember you may be stuck on a longhaul flight one day with a complete knob of a Captain. If you can't stay cool don't post at all!!