PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 15:33
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
International arrivals at birmingham

Interesting synopsis McGoonagall but in my experience when I have travelled back to the UK - especially from North America - US citizens want to fly into London (preferably Heathrow) even if their are airports closer to where their final destination is. Once when I was on a Virgin flight coming back from Miami we were diverted to Manchester because of bad weather and practically all the Americans on board were saying ''where is Manchester''. They probably knew whereabouts Paris was but had no idea where Manchester was or probably Birmingham.
I have some friends - yes just a few! - who travel to New York regularly on Continental from Bhm on business (they live in Northamptonshire) but of the Americans they have had conversation with they say they have been specifically to an exhibition at the NEC or work for a US company in Bhm. It seems to be the London thing unfortunately and personally I do not think the high speed rail link will be built anyway - too many influential people living on the route old boy!