PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-Summer Madness
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2011, 08:05
phoenix4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Think I understand this now. You were drinking tea having left your helicopter on the fuel pump.
Having not been refuelled hot by your crew and then parking it at your own base some 50 metres away!

If I have this right you then watched as a jet ranger arrived for fuel (still drinking tea) making no effort to assist the pilot who was forced to either park up somewhere else shut down stop strapped in until everything had stopped moving about 10 mins if no brake fitted! And go find your lazy arse and get you to move your machine the pilot then made the decision that he could without danger to the other aircraft position and still get fuel. Next problem for the jet ranger pilot to work past was he was mindful the other helicopters important role in life and at any time it may be required to rush off without delay on a very important mission so he opted on refuelling hot without help ok ok not the best plan but by now why were you still drinking tea and not out there helping him?!!! You could have gone over or sent one of your crew and let the pilot back to his controls and once fuelling was completed in a more appropriate manner he could have repositioned to the parking area were you could taken the opportunity to apologise to him for hogging the pumps!

Shutdown you tell two tales here he had the door open and belts off hot day was it? then when the engine was cut he got out, now ok this is not right but I am sure it was not the second the engine was cut but more like when the blades had slowed down to allow the control stops to work. I have sat in a jet ranger many times waiting for the blades to completely stop (one without brake) thinking of what I could do of any good sat in it with the blades turning that slow control would have no effect on anything or would I be better off out side making sure no one was walking up toward the rear.

To drink tea and then pass public comment makes you a Tw_t without personal comment first, then if you were to go to the CAA I would not want to consider the effect it would have on you and team has backstabbing tale telling do goodies when it was you that forced the situation in the first place by bad airmanship.