PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I feel like the luckiest person alive
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2001, 22:46
Rote 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations to Duncan2 for the best posting on this thread.

I like many here sometimes think about the mountain that I have to climb, the debts mounting up and the odds stacked against me. My eyesight is poor and as a result I was never able to try for a 6th form scholarship or join my University Air Squadron, sometimes I feel a little jealous of those who have been given opportunities that fate deprived me of. This is an entirely human emotion and I do not let it cloud my opinions of others.

At times when I feel like this I, like Duncan2 give some thought to people in other countries, the sort of countries where kids gazing at the vapour trails crossing overhead will never be given the opportunity to fulfill their dreams, sure this guy, got a lucky break, life is not fair, but a lot of us still have a chance to fly for a living and that puts us streets ahead of most of the worlds population. A bit of perspective would not go amiss.

Cheers all and happy flying. If this post reads like some pseudo religious babble then please be assured that was not the spirit in which it was intended and disregard my last.

Rote 8