PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2011, 06:20
slice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
This was the latest comment on the
CASA to extend Tiger Airways suspension as CEO Crawford Rix resigns
item on the news.com.au website. The 'stupid rule' comment had me ROFLMAO.

Outraged of Australia Posted at 12:03 PM Today

This is focused at the poorer people in Australia. They would never ground QANTAS because they are business travellers. I have just spoken to CASA and they have admitted this is no where near the worst event in commercial aviation in Australia. It is the first time a commercial airline has been grounded by CASA. Register your complaint to CASA on [email protected] or 131 757. Register your complaint to the Labour Government on (02) 6120 0800 or Transport Minister on (02) 6277 7680. The people bagging Tiger have never flown Tiger and are rich. The people who use Tiger know how great they are. To all you rich Liberals supporters, please know that all domestic airfares with QANTAS and Virgin will rise about 50 percent if Tiger were to pull out of Australia. CASA also admitted it is their discretion that ultimately decides if a airline is grounded - it has nothing to do with rules and regulations. I would rather be in a plane flying below some height which is still safe (it was just a stupid rule) rather than be in a plane that has its engines blowing up every second month. I can't remember hearing about a Tiger plane having safety issues or blowing up while flying.