PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 21:07
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
derelicte

That is generally the one good point about suppressed demand, that outbound from BHX is usually a joy to travel through although I think inbound there are still a few moans but that could be said of most UK airports.

As for easyjet, I suppose like any airline they want or need a deal and the right offer has not been made. The excuse of bases to the north and south does hold some water but I still believe they are the right airline for BHX and if the right offer is made they will take it..........eventually.

BHX will never be able to compete with Southend for passenger charges but that should not mean that all hope is lost.

GF - Fair summary.

Mahan was always an airline on the edge at BHX due to various reasons but there could be a slight hope in the form of Turkish Airlines. The rumour is that they are looking to increase their Indian flights from Istanbul and Amritsar could be on the table as a new service.

Although Mahan would be a loss of an unusual carrier I would love to see TK as a viable alternative to ATQ. No sign of Turkmenistan mopping up the Mahan pax as they sent in a 738 tonight on the 757 flight.

There are a few extra flights stating this month with FR going 4 weekly from last Saturday on Monpellier and then adding back the third Sunday Dublin until winter. flybe increase some of their French flights from mid July although at the expense of business routes. Monarch add a Saturday night Palma and Tuesday late evening Tenerife and Baby even manage to squash in the odd extra flight on certain days (NCE NOC, FAO).

However it is still slim pickings even compared to last year although with Sky Wings operating about 13 flights a week from mid month should help a little.

Pete