PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2011, 11:51
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...What DirectAnywhere said, re mates who work there. Given this latest development from CASA, I simply cannot see any future for Tiger in this country, & would suggest it's 'Game Over.'

I don't have any sympathy for the management of this airline, having displayed as much arrogance as they have during the course of this affair. I sure as hell don't have any sympathy for the bogans who bitch & moan because they expected top notch service at cattle class rates. And I'm not going to subscribe to any below-the-belt digs at guys for accepting what most of us consider to be a lousy gig in the first place. Whatever reasons they took the job are their reasons. Nevertheless, & whilst there's no denying that my employer stands to benefit from Tiger's demise, I feel deeply saddened at the prospect of people losing their jobs. Whilst many of us can look forward to next week's healthy pay cheque, there are going to be a number of our industry colleagues losing sleep over how they're going to make the next mortgage payment & provide for themselves & their families. That is not something I would wish on anyone.

Best of luck to all those affected, & hopefully you guys land on your feet with something better down the track.